5 Things You Should Know Before Hiring a Painter!
Updated: 2 days ago
1) Check Their Portfolio–How do you know that the painting service provider is great at their job? You can check online to find out more about the company. Visit their website, check their social media accounts, read reviews about their services, and check out images.
2) Materials and Paint Selection – Find out from the painter the materials they would be using for painting your house. Choose the best paints, brushes, and other equipment. Make sure your painter is fully equipped to handle the task at hand.
3) How Long Will the Paint Last – there's no doubt about the fact that you have to spend quite a lot of money to completely paint your house. That’s why you should find out how long the paint will last and when you will need to consider repainting your home again. If you have a house full of kids and pets, the entire process is going to be stressful, not to mention time consuming. Make sure your painter is using the proper products for the job and your family's needs including low or zero voc paints & stains.
4) Set a Deadline – Painting involves massive work. It is time and physically consuming . It is advisable that you and your contractor set a deadline for the painting services. Remember not to rush them as this will hamper the quality.
5) What You Need to do to Prepare for Professional Painting - Even though some professionals might do these things for you, remember that you’re primarily paying them to paint- not move stuff around and time is money! Move Furniture including wall hangings, Paintings, pictures, quotes, clocks, mirrors, and anything else that you have hanging on the wall.